Types of Support
- General operating grants
- Project grants
- Matching grants
- Challenge grants
- Capacity-building grants
- Multiyear grants (established grantees only)
The Foundation does not fund
- Event Sponsorships
- Religious or sectarian activities.
- National or regional programs unless funding directly benefits Latinos in Santa Clara County.
- Organizations whose board and leadership do not reflect Latino diversity.
- Beginning July 1, 2016, the foundation is moving to three grant cycles a year instead of four.
- Applicants must complete an online Letter of Interest (LOI) and submit it by the posted deadline.
- Only those LOIs received by the deadline will be considered in that cycle.
- Grantees can expect to receive the official award letter and check around 30 days after the board’s decision.
Application Due Date
- Unsolicited LOIs are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. However, LOIs for consideration in the Spring 2017 grant cycle must be received by Tuesday, March 21, 2017.
- If the LOI is approved, the full application will be due on or around Monday, April 10, 2017.
The Castellano Family Foundation does not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other basis prohibited by law with respect to employment, membership, and/or provision of services.