Types of Support
- General operating grants
- Project grants
- Matching grants
- Challenge grants
- Capacity-building grants
The Foundation does not fund
- Religious or sectarian activities
- Unsolicited requests for sponsorship
- National or regional programs unless funding directly benefits Latinos in Santa Clara County
- Organizations whose board and leadership do not adequately reflect Latino diversity
Application Process + Deadline
- Beginning July 1, 2017, the foundation will no longer accept grant requests from new applicants.
- Beginning July 1, 2017, the foundation will only consider requests during two grant cycles a year (fall and spring).
- The specific due dates for each cycle will be announced (posted) at least 30 days in advance of a deadline.
- Applicants must complete an online Letter of Inquiry (LOI) and submit it by the applicable deadline.
- Only LOIs received by the deadline will be considered in that cycle.
- Grantees can expect to receive their official award letter and check around 30 days after the board’s decision.
The Castellano Family Foundation does not support organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, immigration status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or any other basis prohibited by law with respect to employment, membership, and/or provision of services.
Interested applicants should register online to submit a Letter of Inquiry (LOI) as the first step in the application process. If your organization meets our eligibility criteria and your project aligns with our strategies, you will receive an email invitation to complete the online application.
Next Application Deadline
New! Beginning July 1, 2017 the foundation will only consider grant requests during two grant cycles a year in the fall (August - October) and spring (February - April). The specific due dates for each cycle will be posted at least 30 days in advance of a deadline.